
The answer to that question is not nearly as scary as how much satisfaction you got from it.
For longer than I care to admit, Facebook has been a major source of stress and unnecessary discomfort in my life. Constant competition. The need to prove your life is just as exciting as that friend you barely talk to anymore…. is just straight up stupid. But why do we need it so much?
Turns out, we don’t.
A few weeks ago, I decided to give Facebook a break. I would log in just once a day to send HB! messages or to check what is up with the world. Same thing with Instagram.
I won’t say my life was fixed the minute I started with this little experiment. All I know is that I feel better. I feel control over the whole situation.
Have you noticed the amount of time you spend scrolling down for no reason? That unconsciousness made my skin crawl. I honestly felt sick after 10 minutes of that senseless behavior.
So why am I keeping Facebook?
To have some sort of reminder on my dear ones’ birthdays.
To never lose the habit of taking pictures and actually keep them somewhere.
And because it’s the easiest way to keep people in your life without actually having to do so.
I know… hey I never said I was Mother Theresa.
No comments:
Post a Comment